Vegetable Power for FAT LOSS
Use the Power of Vegetables for FAT LOSS to keep you trim, taut and terrific.
Most vegetables are low in calories and high in nutrition.
Add these to your list to keep everyone feeling and looking great:
1. Cruciferous Vegetables are filled with anti-ageing, cancer fighting, immune boosting phytonutrients, plus vitamins C and K, potassium, calcium, iron and folic acid. The list below are most nutritious eaten raw in salads, lightly steamed or stir-fried.
Green and red cabbage. Try the RedHOT Crunchy Cabbage
2. Carrots help protect against cancer and improve eyesight with super high levels of carotenoids and vitamin A. They're also a good source of vitamins B, C and K, fibre (when raw), potassium, magnesium and folate. Grate them into salads, dip the sticks in dips or eat baby raw carrots as snacks.
3. Dark green leafy vegetables can be raw or lightly steamed or used in green smoothies, soups, casseroles or stir-fries. Green and red leaf lettuce are most nutritious eaten raw in salads and in healthy sandwiches. They're high in iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, carotenoids and B, C, E and K vitamins. They include:
Parsley and other herbs
Red and green lettuce
Mustard and turnip greens
4. Tomatoes are extremely high in lycopene which is a great prostate cancer protector and carotenoids and vitamin C. They are good in sandwiches, as raw snacks and in salads, soups and pasta sauce. Try the amazing RedHOT Stuffed Tomatoes on Christmas day. They will be a hit and are tasty and easy.
5. Beans and Peas are much higher in protein than other vegetables. Whether they're dried (lentils), canned (kidney beans, chick peas, butter beans, Lima beans garbanzo beans etc), lightly steamed (soybeans), or eaten raw (peas, snow and sugar snap), beans contain fibre, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. They can be added to soups, salads, hummus, pasta sauce or eaten on their own.
Try the RedHOT Hummus Recipe with a selection of raw veggies and whole grain crackers.
If you NEED HELP to get your body back into the right shape I can help.